Monday, December 18, 2023

Mondazed Notes 18 December

As I do every Monday morning, I went to USA Today online to work one of their weekly free crossword puzzles. Before I could open the Entertainment section, I saw a blurb in Top Headlines that said something like Trump supporters reject concerns he would be "dictator" if reelected.

That stirred my curiosity, so when I finished the puzzle, I skimmed the news story. All  I got from what I read was confirmation that Donny Dripshit's fan club members are hopelessly ignorant. There have been recent media reports that if Hitler's old speeches were translated into English, they would read pretty much the same as the fascist threats Dripshit has been making on Truth Social and at his rallies. Some Dripshit fans interpret this as their guy joking around as he often does. Others were happy he'd use his power to do things they want done. None of those interviewed seemed to sense that a fascist dictator who is also a depraved sociopath could be a problem for them as well as decent normal people.

Some positive signs @ Washington Monthly re: right-wing losing the culture wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEY FACT

Dedicated to Jim Ferguson. If you don't know who Jim Ferguson is, you (a) haven't seen The Missouri Breaks, or (b) have an inadequate ability to fully assimilate movie trivia.