Saturday, November 25, 2023

Life's Unfair

Harry Belafonte, Tony Bennett, Jimmy Buffett, Glen Campbell, Aretha Franklin, Peter Green, Nanci Griffith, Al Jarreau, Loretta  Lynn, Tom Petty, John Prine, Tina Turner, Townes Van Zandt, Warren Zevon.

I've been a record collector since I was a senior in high school, and over a period of years I bought stacks of records by each one of the artists named above. I loved the music they made, and I was sad every time one of them died. Their departures left empty spaces in my world. 

One of the things I hate about life is that so many people who made my life better were gone too soon, but a few assholes who keep things constantly fucked up seem to live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEY FACT

Dedicated to Jim Ferguson. If you don't know who Jim Ferguson is, you (a) haven't seen The Missouri Breaks, or (b) have an inadequate ability to fully assimilate movie trivia.