Saturday, February 11, 2017

No easy answers

Realistically, I believe there are certain kinds of people who voted for the so-called president who will never vote for any Democrat, regardless of the way the party's message is reconfigured during the next few years. On the other hand, there might be ways to get some working-class voters to switch.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm willing to bet that many, maybe most, people who voted for the shit gibbon are basically single-issue voters focused on things like gun rights, abortion, or gay marriage. The polls showed that 81 percent of those identifying themselves as born-again or evangelical Christians voted for the Pee, and probably because he promised the load the Supreme Court with judges who'd reverse Roe vs Wade.

I don't see Democrats being able to win conservative single-issue voters, and if it were up to me, I'd concentrate my effort on trying to win every vote that went to Ralph Nader in 2000 and Jill Stein in 2016 instead.

I'll be interested to see where things end up after the dust settles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEY FACT

Dedicated to Jim Ferguson. If you don't know who Jim Ferguson is, you (a) haven't seen The Missouri Breaks, or (b) have an inadequate ability to fully assimilate movie trivia.