Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Threes

There's an old saying that goes something like this: Bad news always comes in threes.

Within the last few weeks, James Garner, Robin Williams, and Lauren Bacall have all resigned from life. I appreciated the work of all three, especially as I got older myself.
Lauren Bacall was one of my early movie star crushes -- what won me over was her cool attitude and that voice. We're big fans of Turner Classic Movies in my house, and TCM shows Lauren Bacall movies regularly. One of my favorites is To Have and Have Not, with Humphrey Bogart. Bacall and Bogart together is almost too much onscreen cool at one time, and Bacall establishes herself early in her film career as the kind of woman that males of all ages want to be in love with.

Anyway, Bacall is gone and the score is getting lopsided. Goddamn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEY FACT

Dedicated to Jim Ferguson. If you don't know who Jim Ferguson is, you (a) haven't seen The Missouri Breaks, or (b) have an inadequate ability to fully assimilate movie trivia.