Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fast Guns

When I was an adolescent, I had a recurring fantasy. In this particular daydream, I'd happen onto a situation where a bad guy was threatening a group of people, including several pretty young women. I'd quietly come up behind the villain, pull out a pistol, and put an end to the threat. As a result, I was treated like a hero and the pretty girls gazed at me with longing in their eyes. It was a pleasant daydream but eventually I outgrew it, sometime during high school as I recall.

Judging from online comments I've been reading, there are apparently adult males in Texas who dream of someday proving their heroism by busting a cap into some lunatic. These guys surface whenever the topic of concealed handgun licenses comes up, and though they never address it directly, I suspect thoughts of pretty girls and adoring gazes are always on their minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEY FACT

Dedicated to Jim Ferguson. If you don't know who Jim Ferguson is, you (a) haven't seen The Missouri Breaks, or (b) have an inadequate ability to fully assimilate movie trivia.