Monday, September 18, 2017

Harry Dean Stanton

Harry Dean Stanton was one of my all-time favorite character actors, and I'll always remember him as the best thing in the movie Dillinger (the version starring Warren Oates). I still use his classic line "Goddammit, things ain't working out for me today" from that movie. He also contributed the expression "slicker than snot on a doorknob" in the western The Missouri Breaks. 

I'll put it this way: Harry Dean Stanton was in the same class as Strother Martin. That's about the highest compliment I can think of. Anyway, he died this week at age 91, yet Donny Johnny and Mitch McConnell live on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

KEY FACT

Dedicated to Jim Ferguson. If you don't know who Jim Ferguson is, you (a) haven't seen The Missouri Breaks, or (b) have an inadequate ability to fully assimilate movie trivia.