Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Little Good News

I've enjoyed Robert Duvall's work as an actor since he played Boo Radley in the movie version of To Kill a Mockingbird. He was a co-star in one of the best westerns I ever saw (Lonesome Dove). Since I like him as an actor, it made me sick when I learned that Duvall was a Republican. I lost interest in him based on his politics and his recent tendency to play basically the same character over and over again.

There isn't a lot of good news around here these days, so reading that Robert Duvall was turning his back on the GOP "mess"  will have to suffice this evening.

Add this reality check to the upbeat notes on the day Texas will probably elect Dan Patrick as its Lt. Governor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEY FACT

Dedicated to Jim Ferguson. If you don't know who Jim Ferguson is, you (a) haven't seen The Missouri Breaks, or (b) have an inadequate ability to fully assimilate movie trivia.