Saturday, April 13, 2013

Jonathan Winters

Jonathan Winters, resigned from life at age 87 yesterday, was one of the funniest men I ever saw. There was a time when I'd change my plans to avoid missing one of his TV appearances. When I started this blog on 15 November 2009, I paid tribute to J.W. by choosing the URL trashytoad.blogspot.com. That came from a Winters routine in which he referred to "the great Trashy Toad of the Swamp." Guru and I were watching TV together the night one of his "characters" spoke the line. It broke us up, and stuck with me for decades.

And Limbaugh lives on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEY FACT

Dedicated to Jim Ferguson. If you don't know who Jim Ferguson is, you (a) haven't seen The Missouri Breaks, or (b) have an inadequate ability to fully assimilate movie trivia.