Monday, August 27, 2012

Predictions

Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News predicts the 2012 Texas Aggie record (6-6). Dated August 25th:

at Louisiana Tech (WIN)
Florida (LOSS)
at Southern Methodist (WIN)
South Carolina State (WIN)
Arkansas (LOSS)
at Mississippi (WIN)
Louisiana State (LOSS)
at Auburn (LOSS)
at Mississippi State (LOSS)
at Alabama (LOSS)
Sam Houston State (WIN)
Missouri (WIN)

Several weeks ago I made my predictions, which were almost identical to Carlton's. I figured the Aggies would split the two games against the Mississippi schools, but I thought they'd lose the season-ending game against Missouri to finish 5-7. Either I know football well enough to write for the newspaper, or Carlton is as ignorant as I am. Probably the latter.

That four game stretch that begins with LSU scares me, especially with a freshman quarterback. On the other hand, an upset win over Florida might force me to re-think my entire pessimistic outlook. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEY FACT

Dedicated to Jim Ferguson. If you don't know who Jim Ferguson is, you (a) haven't seen The Missouri Breaks, or (b) have an inadequate ability to fully assimilate movie trivia.